SUPPORTING VIBRANT, ENGAGED COMMUNITIES
Fairs, festivals and similar community celebrations bring people together, build pride and inject life into our town squares and neighborhoods. They are often at the top of the list of things that distinguish our communities and our quality of life.
Recognizing the unique role that such celebrations play in making Berlin, New Britain, Plainville and Southington special, the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain’s Community Sponsorship Awards Program offers financial support to nonprofit organizations conducting community special events that are consistent with the Foundation’s goal to make our communities better places to live, work and raise a family.
There are three deadlines for sponsorship applications, as follows:
April 1: For events taking place between June and September
August 1: For events taking place between October and January
November 1: For events taking place between February and May
♦ Preference will be given to community events that celebrate and promote children and families; arts, culture and heritage; education; and civic engagement.
♦ Events must take place in our four-town service area and be open to the public
♦ Events must recognize the support of the Community Foundation in the form of publicity, advertising or other visibility.
♦ Community Sponsorship Award requests should not exceed $750. However, the Community Foundation may elect to consider awards larger than $750 at its discretion
♦ Community Sponsorship Awards are limited to one award per organization/event per year, and will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Community Foundation.
- Austrian Donau Scholarship
- Suzanne Beckius Scholarship
- Eleanor and Nathan Berry Scholarship
- Elizabeth I. and Louis J. Matt Scholarship
- William P. and Janet C. McCormack Scholarship
- Kim Miller Synchronized Swimming Scholarship
- Dick Burkarth/Shuttle Meadow Country Club Scholarship
- Alma Exley Scholarship
- Virginia and William Bray Scholarship
- Dr. Lorraine G. Spranzo Memorial Scholarship
- Carolyn’s Healthy Environment Scholarship
- 2016 Scholarships
- 2015 Scholarships
- Community Sponsorship Awards
- Community Chest of New Britain & Berlin