Partnering for Progress
Early on in the Community Foundation’s history, the notion of pulling resources together to grow investments and fund important community programs and services – indeed, establishing a “community foundation” – was bold. While community investment remains central to the Foundation’s mission, we know today that it takes much more than financial resources to effect change.
It takes leadership and community-wide collaboration.
Our community needs strong leaders who are part of the solution, and the Community Foundation is embracing that role. The Community Foundation’s grantmaking today is backed by assertive efforts to nurture relationships, build bridges and coordinate community-wide effort.
Below is a small sampling of some of the community organizations and groups we enjoy partnerships with, and initiatives we play a key role in making possible:
- American Savings Foundation
- Berlin Land Trust
- Berlin-Peck Memorial Library
- Berlin Public Schools
- Building Hope Together: New Britain’s Permanent Work Plan to End Homelessness
CFGNB Staff with representatives of Berlin organizations.
- Capacity Building Workshop Series for Non-Profit Organizations
- Catalyst Fund
- Coalition to Enhance Family Literacy
- Coalition for New Britain’s Youth
- Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin
- Consolidated School District of New Britain
- Early Childhood Collaborative of Southington
- Equity Learning Partnership
- First Years First
- William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund
- Greater New Britain Community Providers Network
- Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico Relief Fund
- Literacy Volunteers of Central Connecticut
CFGNB Staff & Board visit with Plainville Community Schools Staff to discuss a school safety grant.
- Christine E. Moser Foundation
- New Britain Public Library
- Plainville Public Library
- Plainville Public Schools
- Southington Public Library
- Southington Public Schools
- Tunxis Community College
- United Way of Northeastern and Central Connecticut
Learn how leadership and a collaborative approach have defined the success that is First Years First.