Grantmaking has been at the heart of the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain’s mission since our founding in 1941. The Foundation is proud to play a vital and ongoing role as a key funder of organizations and programs that achieve clear human gains for those in the communities we serve. Our goal is to make wise community investments that ensure the greatest possible improvement in quality of life with the funds we have available.
Whether it is a discretionary grant funding early childhood education, a donor-advised grant matching a donor with a cause, a scholarship sending a young graduate on to a life of achievement, or a Community Sponsorship Award bringing vibrancy to our communities, there is hardly a worthy program or cause in our communities that has not been helped by the Community Foundation.
Please download our Community Investment Guidelines for detailed insight into our grantmaking policies and procedures. Follow the links on this page to apply for a grant or to view a listing of past grants. For more information, contact Kaylah Smith, Program and Scholarship Associate, 860.229.6018, ext. 305.
- Austrian Donau Scholarship
- Suzanne Beckius Scholarship
- Eleanor and Nathan Berry Scholarship
- Virginia and William Bray Scholarship
- Dick Burkarth/Shuttle Meadow Country Club Scholarship
- Carolyn’s Healthy Environment Scholarship
- Alma Exley Scholarship
- David Roy Kovacs Scholarship
- Elizabeth I. and Louis J. Matt Scholarship
- William P. and Janet C. McCormack Scholarship
- Kim Miller Synchronized Swimming Scholarship
- Dr. Lorraine G. Spranzo Memorial Scholarship
- 2016 Scholarships
- 2015 Scholarships
- Community Sponsorship Awards
- Community Chest of New Britain & Berlin