COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF GREATER NEW BRITAIN
POSITION DESCRIPTION: PRESIDENT
POSTED: APRIL 6, 2017
Established in 1941, the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain’s (CFGNB) mission is to inspire philanthropy, manage charitable assets, and partner to address key community issues through strategic leadership. With assets of over $40 million, CFGNB awards approximately $1.5 million in grants and scholarships annually. The Foundation uses a community leadership model and prides itself as a place “Where Good Begins.” Its efforts focus primarily in the towns of Berlin, New Britain, Plainville and Southington, Connecticut.
CFGNB seeks a hands-on President with demonstrated leadership and fundraising experience. This is a full-time position that reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Board Chair and Board committee leaders. The next President will work to enhance recognition and relevance of the organization, grow resources and elevate performance. S/he will carry this out through managing a staff of six employees.
This position requires an individual with strong community relations skills, excellent strategic thinking and planning skills, and a clear understanding of the role of philanthropic investment in the nonprofit environment.
Leadership & Management: Work with board and staff to define and achieve the Foundation’s mission. Develop an effective plan for strategic grant-making focused on community impact. Work with board to develop and implement strategic plan.
Administration: Ensure that staff are properly selected, supported, and guided and their professional development is nurtured. Maintain a culture that encourages and engages top quality staff. Prepare budget for Board approval and monitor activities to meet the budget.
Community Relations: Convene and partner with other private and public funders and partners for greater social impact. Serve as primary spokesperson for the Foundation at community events, grantee events, regional engagements, and on committees. Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the nonprofit, private, and public sectors.
Fundraising: Work with the Board and staff to effectively plan and implement long-term and annual fund-raising strategy. Supervise Director of Development.
Governance: Work collaboratively with the Board Chair and board members to set strategic direction. Assure adherence to Board policies and recommend new policies as appropriate. Support board member recruitment and orientation.
- 10 years of management experience.
- Experience in non-profit management, either as staff or board member.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising.
- Experience in community relations.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating a team of committed staff.
- Strong communication, partnership-building, and negotiations skills.
- Understanding of the issues facing the towns CFGNB serves.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission.
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial individual able to articulate clear priorities in an effort to address critical social issues.
- Visionary leader with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with a diverse array of donors, board members, staff and community groups.
- A high-energy self-starter who will approach the work with enthusiasm and commitment.
- An ethical leader with impeccable personal and professional integrity.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package.
We are only considering applications that are submitted via email. All resumes should be sent to CFGNBSearch@gmail.com
Please name your documents as follows:
LAST NAME – RESUME and LAST NAME – COVER LETTER.
Visit the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain’s website at www.CFGNB.org