IT’S EASY: DECIDE. SELECT. DESIGNATE. COMPLETE.
It is easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund and the task can be completed in less than a day.
- DECIDE what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property.
- SELECT a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they invent.
- DESIGNATE current fund advisors (such as the client and spouse) and successor advisors (such as children.)
- COMPLETE and sign a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount, specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged and, in the case of a donor advised fund, recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States.
To get started, explore a donation option or discuss a situation, please contact Ann Bova at 860.229.6018 x302.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
There are many ways the Community Foundation can support your work with your clients:
Would the members of your firm be interested in learning more about how charitable giving can benefit clients? Or do you belong to a club or membership organization that would like a presentation? Our staff often speaks to groups about:
- Charitable giving options
- Community needs and issues
- Our grant making priorities and impact
- Planned giving
- Charitable giving benefits
We are glad to “run the numbers” for you if a client is interested in a charitable gift annuity. Many clients seek giving opportunities that provide capital gains savings, an income tax deduction and a lifetime income for the donor, donor’s spouse or another individual.
We can provide illustrations of the tax deductions that are available to your clients, as well as a brief description of the gift plan and annual cash flow projections.
If you would like to discuss an idea you have or to arrange any of the free services, please contact Ann Bova, Senior Philanthropic Advisor, at 860.229.6018 x302.
- For Donors
- For Advisors
- Our Funds
- Who’s Giving
- Donate Now